Friday 13 May 2011

131/365 A tentative yarn-bombing

Don't know what yarnbombing is? Check out the wiki page here, or have a look at some fab images here.

My first effort was as part of Winterlude in 2010, where our knitted pieces were sewn onto trees as cosies:
Urban Cozies at Parc Jacques-Cartier

After keeping my knitted wares to myself for the last year, this week a crocheted piece ventured forth. For the last couple of days we've been watching the progress of a miniature fort, built of twigs, that has appeared by a stretch of the Rideau River we pass every morning.

Feeling that no fort is complete without a knight to guard it, this morning Sir Corkival Knight took up this valiant task:



I was hoping that on my next pass there may have been more additions to the scene, maybe a roof to the structure, or a flag flying. But by 2pm this afternoon Sir Corky had gone a wandering. I like to think he met his true love and they floated off down the river together to live happily ever after.

He was probably kidnapped by an evil squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment