Saturday 22 January 2011

21/365 Quirky Indy date night

Are you sitting comfortably? Good. You have thirty seconds to come up with your top 5 Canadian animals.......go.....
....
....
....
....
.... done?
Lets see, Moose? Bear? Raccoon? Beaver? Now it starts getting more difficult.....Skunk? Chipmunk? Any more?

How about the Salamander?! No? Wasn't on my list either, at least not before we moved here. And then I spotted an evening out mentioned in the OFNC monthly bulletin - "Come see the mudpuppies" it said. "What's a mudpuppy?" I thought. So we hired a car, drove into the middle of nowhere and found out.

Awesome-sauce! Small spotty amphibians with curly red gills of beauty - I'm in love!

And whats could be better than a spotty Salamander?
Why a bucket full of Salamanders of course!


(NB. To facilitate this adventure, I finally handed in my English driving licence to exchange it for an Ontario one. I passed the eye test with flying colours, which was followed by "We need to take your photo now, sorry". Yes, apparently I look so awful now I need an apology before someone points a camera at me....ho hum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment