Monday 8 November 2010

Mystery Book Box Challenge.....

We wandered back up for the last hour of the Rockcliffe School Book Fayre last night, intent on half-price bargain pickings. Jasper and I waited in the park for Paul as I find self-restraint much easier if I'm not in the room with the books.....As a reward for my patience Paul returned with this treat:

$1.50 worth of mystery mystery books to keep me going through the cold winter nights. Carrying the bounty home again we endeavoured to guess what treats the box contained, and came up with the 'Mystery Book Box Challenge'. Ten Categories, closest guess wins....winner gets, erm....the title of 'Mystery Book Box Challenge Champion' - a prestigious title indeed. Maybe I'll make a rosette.

Anyway, in the interests of fairness I am recording the guesses here to avoid arguments later:

Total No. of books: Paul - 12 Amy J - 10
Total of Agatha Christies: Paul - 3 Amy J - 1
Total of Kathy Reichs: Paul - 2 Amy J - 0
Total bodycount: Paul - 36 Amy J - 15
Total different modus operandi: Paul - 12 Amy J - 8
No. of characters called James: Paul - 7 Amy J - 4
Total Amy has read before: Paul - 3 Amy J - 2
Total anonymous tip-offs: Paul - 2 Amy J - 4
Total characters murdered by spouse: Paul - 3 Amy J - 4
Total No. of butlers: Paul - 3 Amy J - 3

This will be an ongoing challenge, but on opening the box we got the counts for several categories:


Both woefully underestimated the number of books - 33, should keep me busy. With 1 Agatha Christie, 0 Kathy Reichs and 3 I'd read before, our current score is 2 all....exciting stuff isn't it? I'm halfway through my first book and the bodycount is 2, both strangled with one butler.....the race is on.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to place a bet on who will win. My money is on Dr Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My money is also on Dr Paul.....Far too big a body count in the 'canine crimes' book. :(

    ReplyDelete